Regeneration & Development Agencies
Regional development agencies and regeneration delivery bodies are faced with the task of creating sustainable communities amidst times that are economically and environmentally challenging.
“Transforming Places; Changing Lives“, the new framework for regeneration aims to build on the Empowerment White Paper, to ensure that local residents are empowered through regeneration, and that they can have real control over local decisions and services. Under the new planning system there is a greater emphasis on consultation and accessibility. Agencies are expected to work “as close to communities as is practicable, making the most of opportunities that already exist”.
We recognise that successful growth and regeneration projects MUST have community involvement in the design and planning. Effective community engagement is an integral part of our work and our experience has shown that genuine community and stakeholder engagement can reap rewards.
In our work we use a range of participatory approaches that build both skills and confidence to support the integration of local knowledge and needs into the planning process. Drawing on the views, ideas and experience of the community and other stakeholders we look to develop proposals that meet the needs of end-users and which facilitate positive change.
Mapping for Change offers a wide range of practical and creative solutions through a suite of tools and programmes. All our services are flexible and tailored in both their design and delivery to meet the needs of the client and particpants.
We provide a range of participatory mapping services from short interactions that might last for a day or two, to long-term community engagement which can be carried out over several months.
What we can do
- provide customers with innovative ways to present spatial information in order to facilitate two-way stakeholder dialogue and foster public involvement in the decision making process as well as support community-based initiatives for sustainability;
- develop static and online interactive maps that highlight the spatial layout of planning proposals;
- help analyse data as part of a consultation and provide graphical representations of local surveys. Our online maps provides an easy way of feeding back ideas on published material;
- facilitate workshops and focus group meetings to provide hands-on interactive sessions that allow residents to put forward and prioritise their ideas in order to develop Local Area Action Plans, vote on planning design options and generate local visions.
- train and assist professional teams and local stakeholders to use our custom built online maps as a change monitoring mechanism. These maps can also be used to capture local history in areas undergoing regeneration.
If you are interested in finding out more about working with us or there is project ideas that you would like to discuss call us on 020 7679 2296 or contact us